29 May 2011

Siddhartha Barnhoorn - Pillars of Light

for his debut solo release, prolific film and television composer Siddhartha Barnhoorn presents Pillars of Light, a mini-album of deep cinematic spacemusic which could be the soundtrack for an as-yet unmade scifi thriller. as the music unfolds, images appear in the mind's eye of epic space battles above the horizon of a distant world, colliding planets, gigantic spacecraft soaring through burning nebulae, and maybe even a secret meeting of two alien lovers under a purple twilight sky of vibrant stars. highly recommended listening for fans of ambient music with a vastness measured in lightyears.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm it's a bit boring. I'm not saying that I don't like it, but it's sounds, like mix of single sounds. I mean, there is one, sometimes 2 melody line. Single sounds, that were chosen to song are magical, but for me, music should show some pictures - to stimulate imagination, and I just don't have that good imagination :)
But of course it's only subjective opinion...

Suecae Sounds said...

Thank you for your musical recommendations.

Valenten said...

awesome album, I did get my copy. Great work !

Portugal said...

I had to read this book for one of my classes, but before I read it I was not too thrilled to read about the Indian culture. Once I was finished I had the book I had a new understanding for different cultures and religions. I really love how this book makes you think about life in many different ways and how it opens your mind to new things.